May 6: This just in from the Break Free Northeast Team:
We have just nine days until we gather in Albany on May 14. Final preparations are happening, and we are gearing up for our Action Camp that starts Wednesday and putting all the pieces together. Beautiful art is being made. Kayakers are practicing maneuvers for the flotilla next Friday.
**** If you haven’t already, please fill out the DETAILED RSVP so we can provide hospitality in Albany. ****
Friday May 13 – 6 PM – Mass Action Training – St. John’s Church, 94 Herkimer St, Albany. Parking will be available at the Albany DMV at 260 Pearl St.
Saturday May 14 – 10 AM – Gather for Action – Lincoln Park, entrance at the corner of Morton Ave and Eagle St. Street parking is available all weekend along Morton Ave. Stay tuned for more parking tips next week.
Carpool and Bus options are available here.
WHAT TO BRING:
– Bring Your Photo ID – especially if you plan to risk arrest
– Bag lunch and snacks for the day
– Clothes according to weather. Even for a warm day a few clouds and a breeze can be chilly in the Hudson Valley. Please bring additional layers and some form of rain protection
– A camp chair if you will need one at the action site. There will be a park nearby for respite and relaxation (and toilets)
– ONE OR MORE FULL WATER BOTTLES
– Comfortable walking shoes. We are walking almost one mile. For those who can’t walk that far we will have a shuttle. Please email us firstname.lastname@example.org
to let us know you’ll need a ride.
– Clothing that projects what you personally think of as dignity and integrity. This is a matter of your personal taste and nobody will be asked to account for their clothing style
– A sunhat and sunscreen if you may want sun protection
– A sense of excitement, love, and adventure
– All the necessary supplies if you’re planning on staying Friday orSaturday night (e.g. sleeping bag, pad, pillow, etc.) and snacks.
See you in Albany soon!
The Break Free Northeast Team