Get on the bus from NYC’s Upper West Side, reserve NOW.
On the eve of the Democratic National Convention, thousands will march for action to prevent climate catastrophe and present these demands directly to current and future policy makers:
Ban Fracking Now
Keep Fossil Fuels in the Ground
Stop Dirty Energy
Environmental Justice For All
Quickly and Justly Transition to 100% Renewable Energy
Convened by Americans Against Fracking & Pennsylvanians Against Fracking
- A ban on fracking and other unconventional extreme fossil fuel extraction methods – we must keep fossil fuels in the ground!
- A halt to the rapid and reckless expansion of fossil fuel infrastructure including gas and oil pipelines, frack sand mining, wastewater injection wells, gas storage facilities, fossil fuel power plants, bomb trains, and other dirty infrastructure across the United States.
- A ban on the export of liquefied natural gas (LNG), a halt to the approval of export facilities, and a continuation of the ban on crude oil exports.
- A stop to other dirty energy sources including incineration, nuclear power, and biomass.
- Environmental justice for all to end the disproportionate impacts on low-income communities and communities of color.
- Swift action to invest in solar, wind and other clean energy power sources and energy efficiency measures across the United States so that we can transition quickly to a 100% renewable energy economy.
- A just transition for workers who are employed by the fossil fuel industry, and policies to ensure that the new renewable energy economy provides living wage jobs and benefits communities across the country.
For our future and our children’s future, we must stop the expansion and reliance on fossil fuels and instead swiftly advance renewable energy. Renewables and efficiency are the clean energy solutions we need to combat climate change and create millions of new jobs that will strengthen our economy. With the eyes of the world on Philadelphia, now is the time for us to come together as a united national movement.